Piano improvisation is how I explore emotions and atmosphere. Inspired by the world of Studio Ghibli, I wanted to play a simple improvisation that - at times - could resemble the atmosphere of their films. I love Studio Ghibli's movies. Well, I don't watch them anymore, but when my kids were little, I watched almost all of them. Studio Ghibli's films are true escapist works of art that you want to dive into. The atmosphere reminds me of my own early childhood, when anything seemed possible in my fantasy world.
I don’t know why, but starting to improvise often feels like nothing really comes out. It’s like the beginnings are the hardest part! But after a few minutes, it usually gets easier. Piano improvisation can be tough, whether you’re just starting or have been playing for years. I often feel stuck and struggle to create something meaningful, and this is common for both beginners and experienced players. The self-doubt, pressure, and the need to improve can make it challenging. The key is to embrace imperfection. Accepting that early attempts might not be perfect can help you relax and unlock your creativity. For some extra motivation, check out this video to see how I tackled my own improvisational challenges. It might give you some new ideas or just a good laugh!
Black Friday Special: 50% off Hope. Feeling miserable one day, I sat down at the piano and started playing something as usual, but accidentally ended up with the Finlandia theme by Jean Sibelius. Finlandia is a song about the dawn of a small and cute nation, and also about hope and the joy of being Finnish. Unfortunately, I couldn't play Finlandia that way, my improvisation took a darker turn. So, I recommend watching a cat video instead. Next time I'll play better or worse, but not exactly like this.
Comments
Post a Comment